Friday, September 6, 2019

A Simple Inlaid Design For a Feminine Bat Mitzvah Card


Welcome back!  For today I used a very simple Inlaid technique to create this feminine card for a Bat Mitzvah or other special occasion.


I used just a handful of supplies including the Mazel Tov Stamp Set (which is out of stock right now, but more are coming soon!), the Star of David Fri-Dies, and some pretty papers and flowers from my stash (of course I used plaid!)


To create my inlaid Star of David, I cut apart the dies and then placed the two star dies, one inside the other and used some washi tape to hold them down before I ran them through my Gemini.


Then I cut large star from the same pink color and the smaller star from some orangey sorbet cardstock.  I set aside the inside pieces of the orangey star since I wouldn't need them.


Then I glued my pieces onto the large star like a puzzle.  Having the larger die in a solid form allowed me a nice base to glue my pieces down.  Easy peasy!  And if I don't have a solid piece to use as a base, I simply put my pieces together upside down and tape them down as I go.  If you don't want to pop up your image at all, it's much easier because you can just assemble your pieces right on your card base!  But it's a rare day that I do that... I loves my pop-up tape!


I did pop up my Star of David and then added this sentiment in such a pretty font to a strip of white cardstock and popped it up across the star.  Next I cut some of the small and smaller stars that come in the Star of David die set from brushed gold foiled cardstock to use as embellishments and added them along with those pretty flowers.  For this my new Fine Point Tweezers available in the Cas-ual Fridays shop were perfect!  It made it so easy to pick up those teeny tiny pretty gold stars and place them exactly where I wanted them!  I'm in love with these tweezers.  I mean I have two other pair of tweezers, but nothing compares to these for this kind of fine work!


And at the bottom I added the Mazel Tov greeting embossed in gold.  You may or may not know that Cas-ual Fridays has a wide array of awesome Judaica and Hanakkuh stamps and dies and you can find them here!


So there you have it... a pretty easy inlaid design and a card that could be used for a few different occasions!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you enjoyed it and should you see something you must have, I have this for you:


AND there are a few items still left and on sale in the Retiring Section of the shop!  You can use my code along with the already marked down prices!

Get them while you can!





2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and a fantastic inlaid design.

Scrapper69 said...

Very cool! I don't see many cards like this... I LOVE it! :)

Theresa