Thursday, September 26, 2019

An Autumn Hello With CAS-ual Fridays


Welcome to some CAS-ual Fridays inspiration!  Today I'm sharing a card I made using all Die Cuts... not a stamp to be seen!  And CAS-ual Fridays has some of the best in town!

I started with a neutral but beautiful background layering a base of Kraft with a Kraft layer of the Trellis Cover Die.  When it came time to cut the pieces of the Acorn Fri-Dies I thought I'd use some pretty design papers, but they were too distracting... cardstock was too flat... so I pulled out a 6X9 piece of white cardstock and a bunch of autumn colors in Distress Oxides and decided to make my own:


I started with some Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy that I applied to the whole sheet.


Then I added some Fossilized Amber to the entire sheet except for one corner that I wanted to leave very light for the bottom part of my acorns and I wanted an area with some green for some of the leaves, so I added the bundled sage just to one corner.


I added Rusty Hinge and Vintage photo (for some leaves) to all of the areas except where the Sage and Antique Linen areas were.  And for my acorn tops and leaf veins I darkened up an area with the Ground Espresso.  So I had all of the colors I needed on one sheet and slowly started taping down the dies to the colors I wanted and ran them through my Gemini.


And I ended up with all of these!  And my favorites are the ones that overlapped the various color "blocks"


I cut a large Scallop Tag from some cool "graph paper" patterned design paper.  Added my leaves and acorns and splattered some gold, bronze and white glitter watercolors over the whole thing.  Then I added and a gold Hello using a die from the Sweet Friend Fri-Dies across them, using popup tape, cut very thin in the middle to support it.


I also cut a couple of the Casual Tree die cuts from some darker kraft and added those to my foliage clusters.


And I still have lots of die cuts left over for another project!  You'll be seeing that soon!


In the meantime, if you've seen something you must have today, I have this for you:


And there are lots of awesome things on sale here!





4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

So pretty! I love the vintage-y Fall vibe! Love it.

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the leaves, the acorns, the colors you created and the splatters!!!!!

Lagene said...

Love your layering!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a gorgeous design and so lovely with all of those additions to it which represent Fall.