Friday, June 26, 2020

Celebrate - Miss Ink Stamps!


Welcome back!!  So if you come here often you know I've been playing with a bleach technique this month and I keep finding new ways to use it!  This one wraps up my month of bleach...lol... but I am in no way done with using it.  You'll see it pop up here and there for sure because I really am enjoying the look!  My friend Mare introduced me to this technique and she learned about it in a Gina K Facebook Live that you can check out here if you'd like!


So this technique isn't just for florals!  I've used the included images from the Pinata Party stamp and dies and the Streamers stamps and dies.  You can use any stamp sets for a different look.  I think I love painting with bleach so much because I love to play with Mixed Media... I love a vintage look (and you can definitely use this technique for a more clean looking card, but that's not what we're doing here today for sure...lol!).  I should say that this time around I did not stamp in Memento ink first before covering it with clear embossing powder.  I simply stamped in Versamark and used clear embossing powder for my images.  I love that the lines aren't as defined... perfect for this look I love so much!


And this word die from the Streamers stamp and die set!  I LOVE it... even with the included background die attached it takes up very little real estate on a card... perfect when you spent all that time making your card pretty and you don't want to cover any of it up!

This time I made my colors a little brighter using my Prismacolor pencils... because it's a party!  I colored the red, purple and blue pencil dark and then went over it with Putty Beige which is perfect for muting and blending the brighter colors just enough to keep the vintage feel.


I used an old Lil Inkers die as a topper to give me a nice blank space to add my extra images that I stamped and die cut.  I popped everything up with various thickness of foam tape and finished it off with some of my favorite sequins from Trinity Stamps!


And that's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed it and I sure hope you have fun playing with this technique!  Do be careful with the bleach.  You don't want to be inhaling lots of fumes while you are coloring.  I put a very small amount in a dish and move it away from me as soon as I'm finished... usually I'll leave it on the bathroom sink and then rinse it out when I'm positive I don't need to touch anything up.

Hoping your are all safe and happy!  Things here with COVID in Arizona are ramping up so I am spending lots of time still at home... which I don't mind at all!  I don't seem to have any extra time though somehow so I guess I may have been a bit of a homebody anyway...lol!

Have a wonderful weekend!  Come again soon!

6 comments:

María said...

That background is awesome, I love the combination of colours and that pinata stamp is super cute. María, xx.

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Wow that background is amazing

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo fun! LOVING the colors!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful!

Lagene said...

WOWZERS awesome, I would have never guesse it was teh bleaching technique for this one, beautiful!

sweepstakes-online said...

Want to Win Various Prizes? Click and Participate on Online Sweepstakes. Don’t lose the chance.