Thursday, July 23, 2020

Make A Wish and the New Slimline Collection-Rubbernecker Stamps



Hi all!  Lisa here and today I'm sharing some more of those adorable foxes from the Fox clear stamp set along with a couple more of the new slimline collection available over in the Rubbernecker shop!  I just love the separate solid and inside dies for the slimlines so you can choose your combination of outside edge cut and shape and size of windows in the center!

Here's how I was inspired:


I am just in love with these adorable foxes!!  And the brand new Balloons die was perfect to go along with them for this one!

Here's how I made it:

Shaker Element:

  • I started with an orange base from The Paper Cut Slimline Cards Festive Variety.  These are 8 1/4" x 3 1/4"
  • Then the plaid layer was cut to 8 1/8" x 3 1/8" and adhered to the base.
  • Next, I cut the shaker window layer using two of the new slimline collection dies.



  • I cut a piece of blue cardstock that coordinated with my plaid to around 8 1/4 x 3 1/2.. big enough to fit the Slimline Solid Postage die.
  • The Postage die was placed onto the cardstock and fastened using some washi tape to keep it in place.
  • Next, I centered the Slimline Inside Rounded Square die inside the Postage die leaving an equal amount of space around each side and then fastened it in place both to the cardstock and to the outside die.
  • I ran this through my Gemini die cutting machine to cut my window layer.


  • Next, I cut a 7 1/4" x 2 1/4" piece of acetate to fit over the windows in the shaker layer and adhered it to the back of the window layer.
  • Then I added foam tape around all of the edges and in between the windows so that I could have three separate shaker areas.  The edges are nice and wide with this combination so 1/4" foam tape fit nicely.
  • I piled a mix of sequins onto the plaid paper estimating where the center of each of the three windows would be and removed the paper from the foam tape and placed the window layer over the sequins.  Once the layer is firmly on you can shake the base around to mix up the sequins.  If you don't care for the "eyeball" method...lol... next time around I'll share with you another way to add your shaker fillings that might be easier if you're just starting out creating shakers.


Card Layout:
  • I stamped, die cut and colored the foxes from the Fox stamps set.  Copic Markers YR23, YR27 and YR31 were used to color the foxes and R02 for a little bit of color on their cheeks and ears.
  • Balloons were cut once from a polka dot paper that coordinated with the plaid and twice more from white.


  • The white balloons were colored using a blending brush and Color Fuse inks in Crimson, Apricot and Autumn.
  • The white strings were attached to the back of the balloons with a small dot of glue.







  • Next the sentiment from Kittie Says Phrases #1 was stamped onto the sign from the Fox stamp set.  (Love that the separate sign has attached foxy hands so it can be added or not and it looks like the fox is holding the sign... adorable right??)  This sentiment is one thin line, but I made it fit in the sign by inking up only the "Make A" first and stamping it at the top of the sign and cleaning it off and doing the same with the "Wish" part of the sentiment and centering it underneath the first.
  • Finally all of the images and balloon die cuts were added to the front of the shaker with varying thicknesses of foam tape with balloon strings tucked behind the images and a few sequins scattered on the front of the card.


  • And there you have it!  That is me for today!  I always tend to use these adorable foxes on more feminine cards and it was fun to change it up a bit and using them to create this card that could be for anyone!

    Thanks so much for stopping and hope you enjoyed it!  Come again soon for more Rubbernecker inspiration!


    Below are links to all of the Rubbernecker products I've used today.  Should you decide to purchase using these links I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

    4 comments:

    Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

    Love love love this! LOVING the frame and the foxes!!!!

    María said...

    This card is gorgeouse and I'm in love with those foxes they're super adorable. Hugs, María.

    Verna Angerhofer said...

    Great card you made with those dies and cute critters and balloons. That looks like a great selection of slimline dies to choose from too. So far I don't have any. I just cut my own layers.

    Lagene said...

    What a CUTE slimline FOXY shaker card!