Saturday, December 31, 2016

An (Almost) Shakespeare Wedding


Happy New Year!  And welcome to a new month of inspiration over at Craftin Desert Divas!  I of course was inspired by all of the beautiful colors in the photo, not to mention the frosty snow and the pretty little blue birds... but you take what inspires you, create something, upload it to the CDD Gallery Facebook Group and you could win some awesome prizes!  If you're not already a member, just request it and come and join in the fun!

I started with an ink blended background again with all of the purples and a couple pinks that I have.  Then I splattered some water on it.


I just love these Winter Gnomeo and Juliet Digital stamps... and I knew I'd love them dressed in purple... it's her favorite color you know and ... well... he's just going along because he loves her!


This gorgeous Heart of Heart die was the very first CDD die I purchased... it's one of those sets that offers a bonus!  After you cut it out and get that beautiful heart shaped negative space on your project, you are left with a whole bunch of beautiful hearts in various shapes that you can use on so many projects!  I used one of them as an embellishment with my sentiment from the Simply Said clear sentiment stamp set.  And those flying birds are from the Paris Friends digital set... I sized the bird and then copied it and flipped it so I'd have two facing opposite ways so they could carry the beautiful banner from the Flag Banner Dies!


This time I used my Stitched Scallop dies for my snow because I liked the little mounds and the trees from the Shake It Up Dies were a perfect little addition.  And this cute little bird is from the Fall Hall Digital Stamp Set... he's come bearing gifts....

So be sure to play along this month!  Nothing to lose and everything to gain!  Look at this beautiful inspiration photo!




3 comments:

jeanchaneyaz said...

Such a cute little scene you've created for those adorable Gnomes. It's nice to hear the story about the purple and love, LOL! Those little birds just add so much, and the snow is so pretty!

Melanie R said...

How sweet! The die-cut heart works perfectly in your scene and I love those bluebirds. Great idea to use water droplets on your background - nice effect.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so fun! I love your little scene! Gorgeous die-cut hearts too!