Monday, December 26, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #192


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  I hope you've had a wonderful holiday weekend and got to spend some time with your loved ones.  I had an awesome weekend although my craft room has been lonely!  Today I finally got up there and after getting all of the rest of my Happy Mail ready to go to the post office tomorrow, I made my card for this week's Sketch!

I used one of the woodgrain papers from the Oh Deer paper packet as well as a sentiment from one of the zip strips from the pack.  I'm playing along with the Color My Heart Color Challenge to use the Oh Deer paper colors and also Word Art Wednesday's Anything Goes Challenge.  You should check them out and play along too!


I just love the snowflake thin cuts from CTMH.  I love all of the thin cuts from CTMH as a matter of fact... they are beautiful and beautifully made.  I cut the largest snowflake once out of white glitter paper and once out of seaglass and then took the white paper negative piece, cut a square around the snowflake and then inserted the seaglass snowflake in the space.


Then I added some clear cardstock on the underside and popped the whole thing up.. added some beads and sequins and made a shaker out of it.  


I just love the font on this zip strip.. I cut one of the sentiments off and used it as my card sentiment... a couple diecut banners from CDD Flag Banner Dies, half of the white snowflake, and some pretty Shimmer Sequins from CDD and it's done!

Hope you can join us this week over at Atlantic Hearts!


4 comments:

Melanie R said...

Perfect interpretation for the sketch. Simply lovely.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love all the glitter, and the die-cut Snowflake is so pretty. Your interpretation if right on for this sketch. Thanks for sharing this with us at color Dare.

Anonymous said...

Love all the sparkle, just like an icy morning! Thanks for sharing at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm loving that sparkly seaglass! Gorgeous card and another great sketch! I joined over there as a follower so one of these days you might see me join your challenge! I'm normally not great with sketches but I really like what you do with them!