Thursday, May 31, 2018

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop Day 7

Welcome to Day 7 of the Spring & Summer 2018 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  You have today and tomorrow left to link up for chances to win (and of course have a lot of fun!).  Click on the main hop blog post here to find out all of the details and then play along!  Today I'm playing with some Casual Fridays Stamps and dies along with some awesome Rainbow Decofoil that I got in the Gina K shop!  AND I'm playing along with the Cas-ual Fridays Birthday Celebration Challenge that goes through June 5th!


I started off with some very cool white woodgrain paper from Hero Arts that #amymademebuyit.  Just sayin'.  It's quite awesome!

Super Sponsor Cas-ual Fridays has an awesome collection of Coffee and Tea products and you should definitely check them out!  And while you're there... check out everything else too!  I love the Whole Shebang stamp set that I used to make this coffee card into a Birthday Card for the challenge! 


This cup.  I can't say enough about this cup!!  It's one of my very very favorites!  You can find the Coffee Cup Fri-Dies in the shop here.  First, I printed the fantastic Coffee Bean Background from The Cutting Cafe onto some cardstock with my laser printer.  Then I foiled it with the Decofoil Rainbow foil and die cut the cup.

I filled my cup with various die cut hearts in different shapes and sizes.  I cut them out of some pre-foiled cardstock in a pinky purple from my stash and I love how the color changes depending on the light.


Here comes the fun!  I heat embossed the HB2U sentiment from The Whole Shebang set in white on white.  Then I used the Decofoil Adhesive Pen and traced over the HB2U and also added a few dots around the paper.  You let it dry for a short while and then foil it.  I'm not exactly sure how I got the extra splatters, but I was SO happy that it happened that way!  Cool right??


And then I stamped this sentiment (one of the many awesome sentiments) from The Whole Shebang set.  For this I used my Misti because of the bumpy woodgrain and it was good I did because I did need to stamp twice to get a good impression... and I'm happy!


And just a peek at the rest of the sentiment on the inside... that stamp is from Verve Stamps and I love it!


So that's how you make a coffee card into a birthday card!

Thanks so much for stopping again!  I'll have one more for today and we won't talk about what tomorrow is... see you soon!






19 comments:

Gail said...

Love these bring colors and the COFFEE cup too - yeah!

Gail said...

Thanks about Cas-ual Friday challenge - I am going to create and enter - have not been there in a long, long time - have a fab day - don't work too hard!

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Truly amazing card, those colours!! Wow!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO bright and fun, Lisa. I love the shiny papers you've used on this. SO creative.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Well now you're just showing off with the foil LOL! This is gorgeous, my friend! Love the rainbow colours! I don't want the hop to end!

Lucy E. said...

What a fun-tastic Card! That foiled coffee
Cup is so cool-I want one! I love the foiling
on the HB2U!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that beautiful cup and especially since you used the coffee bean printable for it. The colors are awesome and I also love the foiling.

Dana Gong said...

Fantastic, Lisa! Love love love your rainbow cup!

MariLynn said...

All I can say is wow. So colorful. Love the foil. It is so different from my style That is why I love this hop I get to see so many new ideas and get inspired by everyone's art.

~amy~ said...

Wahooo! Check out all that glorious Foil! That woodgrain panel looks pretty awesome too :)

New Creations said...

Eeeek, A foil beauty! Gorgeousness!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome card! great idea to use foil for the cup!

Billie A said...

Pretty card and foiling.

Helen Gullett said...

I cannot take my eyes off that colorful foil cup!!! LOVE your card a latte, Lisa.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh loving those colors!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fikreta said...

its super nice card.

Scrapper69 said...

The foiling is so fun and different! Great card!!

Theresa

Michelle W said...

Oh my goodness, I love your cup of love!! Fantastic job and thanks for playing along with our birthday challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.

Lisa Mensing said...

OMGoodness, how 80's is this, Lisa Frank, totally! LOL Great card, as always! I love the rainbows. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays Birthday Challenge.