Sunday, May 27, 2018

Coffee Lovers Bloghop Day 3 and 3 1/2!

Welcome to Day 3 of the Coffee Lovers Bloghop!  If you are new to the hop, and you love Coffee, Tea or Cocoa and making stuff, then you need to check out the main blog post here for all of the info and play along!  Today I'm working with a gorgeous new digi set from Graciellie Design called Coffee & Flowers.  Here's the digi set:


And here's what I've created!


So I love my tangible stamps, but sometimes digis are sooo cool!   I love that you can print them any size you want; flip them one way or the other; and when you print them on a laser, you can foil them with some beautiful Gold Sequin Foil from Gina K Designs!  I knew I wanted to use butterflies because I'm playing along with the Outlawz Twisted Thursday with a Twist of Butterflies!  So I went shopping in the Graciellie Digital Shop on Etsy and found this beautiful set:


I used one of the butterfly images, pulled it into Word, sized it how I wanted and then copy and pasted it... turning them every which way so the area was large enough to cut the pretty Waffle Flower Lacy Layers rectangle out of.  Printed the sheet, cut out my scalloped rectangle and foiled it.


I colored the image I wanted to use with my copics and cut it out.  Then I layered all of my pieces including that vellum rectangle (I love vellum because it does provide a focal point for your image, but still lets the beautiful background show through).  I popped up the cup of flowers.


I had printed out some of the sentiments from Coffee & Flowers.  I was sure to make them small enough so I could die cut them with my favorite Flag Banner Die from Craftin Desert Divas.


I just love this beautiful golden wrinkled seam binding from the D.L. Art store... you can find it here if you love it!  Not to mention the beautiful Gold Flower Shaped Sequins from Paper Sweeties!

So, did you know that after you foil a sheet like this, you are left with a cool negative space foil sheet that you can adhere to a Black Toner Sheet (I got mine at Gina K Designs).  So here I had this pretty gold sheet with transparent butterflies on it, so I put it through my Minc with one of those black toner sheets and got this:


IDK about you, but I think this background is pretty cool!  And if I couldn't put it through on the toner sheet, it would have ended up in the garbage!  See where the black butterflies are?  Those are the negative spaces leftover from my first project.


I printed the beautiful flower (twice-one larger than the other) from the Beautiful Birthday Wishes set from Graciellie as well as the sentiment.  Colored them in and cut them out so they'd fit in this cup... one of my favorites from Paper Sweeties... you can find that here if you love it! 


And since I had made my butterfly background bigger than I needed, I had quite a few butterflies left over that I could color and cut out.  A few red Paper Sweeties Sequins and done!

So have I made a good case for some digital stamps... like I said, my piles of stamp sets aren't going anywhere... but boy is it fun to play with some digis sometimes!

Come back tomorrow and I'll have some more fun for you!

Oh and Graciellie is having an awesome sale right now!  Even better!










20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! These are just gorgeous! LOVING the colors and loving the effects on that second one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Two absolutely gorgeous flowery coffee cards! I love the rich colors on both of your cards!!

Cindy C. said...

Awesome projects!!! Great background and stunning focal images!!!

New Creations said...

Oh Goodness! I can't my eyes off with both of coffee cards, stunning foiled butterflies and the result you achieved both negative and positive after foiling you get!!!!!!! Loveeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Karen Aicken said...

OMGoodness, these are gorgeous. Just WOW! Wow.

StampingbugKerry said...

Oh fancy, schmancy you! Love your Graciellie images and how you brought them to life! BEAUTIFUL!

Karen Letchworth said...

i honestly don't know how you find enough hours in the day, Lisa. This is stunning, as all your cards and projects always are. LOVE this so much! Thanks for sharing!

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. I love this stamp set. I love your colors.

MariLynn said...

Wow, these are fabulous. I especially love the little sparkly butterflies. Thanks for sharing.

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! Two GORGEOUS cards! I love what you did with Gracie's digis -- so VERY pretty!

~amy~ said...

Way to rock that gorgeous digi. Your first card is lovely, awesome pops of gold and I love your coloring.

Your second card ---> THUD
totally amazing.

DonnaMundinger said...

Omg, Lisa! These are sooo totally FABULOUS! Love your coloring and that foiling is amazing. Yea, Digi's! They are just gorgeous! xxD

nancy carroll said...

Gorgeous background papers, use of velum under cup on 1st card and coloring, black red, orange on second!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both the cards are so very beautiful!

Scrapper69 said...

So BEAUTIFUL my friend! I totally LOVE that gold one as you well know but the first one is just so lovely too! EEK! Stop making such pretty cards! LOL JK - Keep it up... I love seeing them! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

KT Fit Kitty said...

WOW, Lisa!!!! These are absolutely stunning! I was just admiring the first one and then I went absolutely ga-ga over the second one! That is some amazing foiling! It looks like it's coated with tiny sequins! FABULOUS cards!!!

Fikreta said...

wow!
those are stunning!
love them!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Fabulous cards!!! All the details are amazing!!!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Wow!! Absolutely stunning cards!!

Helen Gullett said...

WOW!!! They are gorgeous and stunning caeds with Gracie’s designs. Love everything!