Friday, May 18, 2018

More Stamplorations Things With Wings!


Just love Winged Things and love that Stamplorations is celebrating Things With Wings this month!  I'm playing along again with this card a friend asked me to make for her... it's a Graduation Card..lol!  My grad cards are never your typical and asked her if that was ok and she just gave me a general idea of what the recipient might like and gave me the freedom to create what I wanted... 

I've been wanting to do an ink blended rainbow background for a while and this was the perfect opportunity!  I started by choosing the Distress Oxide colors I thought would make a beautiful rainbow and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!


When I was done blending, I used some translucent texture paste and the Old Rose stencil from Stamplorations to add a pretty textured/embossed look to it.  And finally when that was dry, some splatters of Gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine.


I just got this Congrats die from MFT at my local scrapbook store, Paper Collage.  I really didn't have anything much for grad cards and I thought this might come in handy... love the font!  I cut it four times and stacked them together for a dimensional look.  I like to use Range Multi Medium Matte for this and thanks to my friend Jean, I discovered adding it with a small paint brush works best.


Love these two floral sets from Stamplorations, Heartfelt Rose and In Bloom: Floral Bliss Trio and stamped them on watercolor paper with Versamark and embossed in gold.  Then, because I wanted the colors to go along with the background, I used the same distress inks I used for my background to watercolor them in by smooshing some ink on a piece of plastic and applying it with my waterbrush.


And these beautiful butterfly dies from Stamplorations...Flutter Zen 2... love how intricate they are!  When I cut them from something thick like this foil cardstock (this one I use tends to have kind of a rubbery/plastic-y backing), I do use my metal shim to get a nice clean cut.


I had an idea in my head and although it changed a little it's pretty much what I planned... I wasn't planning on having the floral go off the edge of my card like this and I'm not sure what envelope it's going to fit in...lol!  But, I sent a pic and it received much approval, so I'll figure that all out this weekend!

I am playing along with a few challenges over at Stamplorations!  It's all about Things with Wings this month and the challenges all have that theme.  I'm entering this card into the Monthly Theme and Sketch Challenge for May (no sketch this month, just the theme of Things With Wings), the Cutplorations May Challenge AND the Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge!  There are a couple more challenges over there that I'm going to try to play along with this month and you should check those out too!



And don't forget!  This starts next Friday!  Are you ready??


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the flowers and the butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so awesome with those beautiful colors. And, I love the gold butterflies flitting over it as well.

Scrapper69 said...

You're gonna get another WOW from me! That is Stunning Lisa! I love the colors and the gold and the beautiful delicate butterflies... Stunning!!! :)

Theresa

Ina G said...

Boldly bright and bezutiful. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.