Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown - Merry Christmas!


Well!  We made it!!  Merry Christmas!

My friend Debra Davison and I made a pact that we would create a Christmas card a week all year and we've been sharing on the 25th of the month each month of the year the cards we made.  Today is the day!  (Most) of my Christmas cards are in the mail.  I have one more batch to go out Thursday.  Ok.  Yeah.  I had them all made, but still wasn't able to get them all out.  But it's all good.  It's still the earliest I've gotten them out in a long time!

I've been sharing Christmas cards all month again, but I wanted to share something new today so I got a start on next year's batch:


I decided on a quick design for today using some paper from one of my local papercraft stores, The Paper Collage along with some dies from Paper Smooches (also local to me!)  I made four of the same card and it took me about an hour to put them together from concept to complete.


Isn't that cactus paper cuuute and fun?  I picked that up at the Paper Collage (their own design) and decided with all it's got going on I'd let it shine with just a simple die cut sentiment.  I used the Joy Dies from Paper Smooches to create a shaker panel.  I cut my strip of white and then die cut the largest background Joy from it.  Then I cut the smaller Joy from red paper and just added the outline to the window after placing the acetate behind the panel.  Finally I added the strip of plaid from my stash and then just popped the sentiment up over it after adding sequins... easy peasy!  That pretty bow from the Ribbon Dies was perfect to finish it off!


That's me for today!  

I have had so much fun making Christmas cards all year!  And we're gonna do it again in 2020 and guess what!!  We've got a couple more people that will join us too!  So for today, be sure to head on over to Debra's blog and check out what she's got for you!

Now for the winner of some Happy Mail from last month's post:


Whoop!  Meghan please PM me your address so I can drop something in the mail to you!

Thank you so much to those of you who have stuck with me all year!  Leave me some love on this post here and maybe I can send you some Happy Mail next month!






9 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome shaker cards! Love the 'joy' dies and the fun paper!
Congrats to Meghan for winning your Happy Mail prize!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Such a fun fabulous card!! I saw the paper and thought of you...then it Was You~ LOL...
You and Debra did a great job all year!! That was fun
Congratulations Meghan!!

cghundley said...

Wonderful project for
the year. Bunches of
beautiful cards made
this year. Merry Christmas!
Carla from Utah

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! Loving the papers you used! And congrats to Meghan!!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

That paper is cute! And I love that you made a shaker, of course, being my favorite type of card. And talk about festive!! Love it!
And happy belated Christmas!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love this shaker!!!! Sooo cool! AND YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY MAIL!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue D said...

Cute Christmas cactus cactus shaker and congrats to Meghan.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic shaker card designs. Your work is always so amazingly wonderful!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

I really enjoyed following along all year with you and Debra's Christmas card making! Thanks for inspiring me to keep going all year as I was pleasantly surprised how many I had done by Thanksgiving!