Thursday, October 29, 2020

Boo! - Halloween Fun with Rubbernecker Stamps


Hello and welcome back!  I've got another Halloween slimline for you today using the adorable Build An Owl Die along with the Owl Halloween Add On!


If you remember the last time I used these owls I had cut bunches of pieces out of a lot of different colors of cardstock.  I had fun putting them together while watching TV one night so I could use them on more cards.  You can find that previous post here!


This is how I put this one together:

  • First, cut a white layer of cardstock slightly larger than the Slimline OPC Scallop Die (the die is 3" x 8").  I cut mine at 3 3/8" x 8 3/8".
  • Blend some purple inks over the white panel and then splatter water over the top and soak up the extra with a paper towel.
  • Finally, splatter some inks or paint over the top.  You can use your ink by swiping it onto a plastic piece and then picking it up with a water brush and tapping the brush over your finger onto the panel.


  • Layer the ink blended piece onto a 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" panel of black cardstock
  • Cut the frame die from black cardstock (and be sure to save those little squares from the center because they are great to use on other cards!)
  • Use foam tape to pop the frame up over the ink blended panel.
  • Next, from white cardstock cut multiple panels of letters from the Upper Case Alphabet dies.  I cut it times and set aside 3 B's and 6 O's and saved the remainder in a clear envelope for future use.
  • Stack and adhere your letters together for dimension.  Three layers were used on this one.
  • To add some shimmer and shine to your letters, you can swipe on some Wink of Stella and then cover them with Glossy Accents.


  • Finally, add your owls and sentiment to the card base with various thicknesses of foam tape and glue as well as a few sequins.


That's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed it and will come back again soon for more Rubbernecker Stamps inspiration!


Below are links to all of the Rubbernecker Stamps products I used today!  Should you choose to purchase using these links I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is fabulous! LOVING those owls and the colors!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love your card. Cute owl.

María said...

Those owls are awesome, I love them. María, xx

Lucy E. said...

Soooo adorable!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

So adorable a fabulous slimline design
Claire