Sunday, September 23, 2018

Giving Thanks and a Fun Meet!


I wanted to play along one more time with the Monthly Mix Challenge from Gina K Designs over at StampTV.  This is a Ning Site and you do have to join, but it is SO worth it for all of the fun and inspiration!  I was very excited to meet Gina K at the latest Stamp & Scrapbook Expo in Mesa last weekend too!  A very sweet and nice person and generous sponsor and supporter of the Coffee Loving Papercrafters!  Here we are with my good friend Mare, Gina and myself:


It was a good day and I got to meet a few of our awesome sponsors that day... I'll be sharing more pics with you in some upcoming posts!


And this challenge... using colors that remind you of Autumn... well, right now I'm all about the Autumn colors.  In fact I have a gorgeous Prima Amber Moon paper pad I've challenged myself to use up.  It's a tall order, but it's so beautiful it's really not hard to make myself use it..lol!  If it wasn't for my Misti I wouldn't be able to have such a nice crisp image stamped on this beautiful paper!  I was able to stamp it Saddle a couple times to get a nice deep color that stood out even on the printed paper.  (Thanks again Mom!)


I was so excited to finally ink up this wonderful Give Thanks stamp set from Gina K!  I purchased it at the end of last Autumn season and although this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing today, I thought of it and knew I needed to get it out!!  And I'm so happy I did.  All of these images are stamped from that set.  And while I didn't buy this stamp set last weekend, I did pick up some other awesome stuff including the Gina K Designs Amalgam Ink which is a hybrid that works well with Copics, colored pencils, water based markers... anything I guess... and I can attest to the Copic so far!  Awesome ink!  So awesome it's hard to get your hands on, but she had some at the show and I was excited to find it there!


Love acorns... I don't know why, but I do!


And I wanted you to be sure to see these leaves!  I cut these with an SVG file the other day when I was creating my Autumn projects for the Cutting Cafe for my 3D Pumpkin!  I didn't use them on that one but I knew I would use them ... I love that Regina set them up so that they have stitched lines.  I had cut them in this Goldrush color along with my pumpkins.  For this one, I spritzed them with water and crumpled them up.  Then I took some distress inks and watercolored them randomly with those and then pulled out my Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Water Based Pigment ... all different golds in this set.. and splashed a few of those colors over them.  Once dry, I sponged some Saddle ink on the edges.  LOVE the shimmer the Gansai Tambi pigments gives them!


One more peek... now I better get back to what I originally set out to do!

Thanks for stopping!  I'm also playing along over at Double Trouble Challenges which is to Use At Least 3 Colors and a Stamped or Digital Image and they are partnering with Brown Sugar Challenge which is Creatures Great and Small!  Also playing along with The Outlawz In The Garden Challenge!  You really should check them ALL out!









8 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a gorgeous card you made and in beautiful colors. And, so glad you got to meet up with Gina and others. I envy you big time.

Scrapper69 said...

It's so Beautiful and YES I LOVE those leaves! Gorgeous design and how lucky to meet Gina K!! Can't wait to see the other pictures! :)

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING that owl and the pumpkins!!! And still bummed I missed going there with you! :( Great pic of the three of you!!! :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, who would have thought of all those different layers of ink, sprays and stuff on the leaves...and how beautifully they turned out. That's a ton of products so I'll have to come to your place to get anywhere near what these leaves look like. And again, Misti came through. Beautiful fall card and love the owl that looks so smug and pretty on the branch. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Brown Sugar. Knowing you do a lot of critters we'll see you back soon.

Crafting with Darcy said...

Fabulous card!! And lucky you, for getting to meet the wonderful Gina K!!

Greeshma said...

Super card!
Thanks for playing along with us at
Brown Sugar Challenge
Greeshma DT
Explosion Boxes

papercraftingprincess said...

Lisa...I have to be honest with you, I used to think your cards were just too busy to be anything that I wanted to try, but they are gorgeous! Now I long to travel outside my CAS box! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

Ines said...

Super :)Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge:)Ines DT