Saturday, September 15, 2018

Paper Sweeties September 2018 Release Day!


Yay!  It's Release Day over at Paper Sweeties!  This month's new sets are available in the shop today!

For this one I created my background using the pencil and ruler in the new So Proud of You stamp set!  The first thing I did is cut my black layer and then swipe it with my antistatic powder.  I don't mind a little bit of splatter, but the black cardstock that I used has a real habit of holding onto the stray powder.  Then I used my Misti (what did I do before my mom bought this for me???) to keep my images lined up and help me position things the way I wanted.  I stamped a couple rows at a time and then heat embossed those before I went on so that I wouldn't accidentally smear what I'd already done.. because I would ya know!


Once I finished embossing, I added a spray of Nuvo drops in black and white.  I love using these as "splatter" when I want some control over where it goes and with the black background it's hard to get a good white splatter that shows up the way I wanted this one to.  I worked very hard to make it look a little bit random...lol!


Then I stamped and cut my apple out with the Homegrown Stamp and Sweet Cuts sets.  I colored it with my Copic markers, added the sentiment from I'm So Proud of You and mounted it on my woodgrain circle cut using the Scalloped Circle Frames.  Lastly I scattered around a few star embellishments from my stash!

I'm linking this one up over at Double Trouble where the challenge is School Days!  You should check it out!

Thanks for stopping!  Now be sure to check out what everyone else has created for you today:

Nancy Salkeld

And links to the new products available today:


Planner Series: Business Basics

And some of my old favorites that I used on today's project:


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this! Loving the apple!!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

You're welcome...I'm glad you finally used the Misti and found out how valuable it is...makes me feel I was a part of creating this card. Love your personalized embossed background and my that apple just pops right out against that black and white background. Thanks for sharing your Paper Sweeties with us at Double Trouble, and asking your friends to check us out too.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful card for the teacher. I do like that apple especially.

Nance said...

Great card! Love that embossed background you created!

papercraftingprincess said...

They just keep getting cute Ms. B! I love the bright apple against the black & white background. Thanks for all the support that you give Double Trouble.

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE your background! Very COOL!

Theresa