Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sending Some Comfort - Rubbernecker Stamps


Hello all!  Lisa here!  I'm sharing a sympathy card today using one of the beautiful florals from the shop and one of my favorite sentiments for sending love at one of the most difficult times we face.


This gorgeous Flower Bouquet is one of my faves to color up... it's beautiful in any colors you choose!  I find it very hard to make a sympathy card at the time that I need it.  So I find it best to have a few on hand to choose from.


And this sentiment.  It says so much yet not too much.  Just a simple wish of comfort.


Sending peace and comfort to all of you out there!  As always, we will be bringing you as much inspiration to you as we can over the next few weeks to keep your eyes happy and your minds and hopefully your hands busy!

Here's how I made this one:

  1. I cut a panel of white cardstock using the largest of the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch Dies.
  2. I used some distress inks in  yellow to first blend some yellow onto my background and then applied some of the orange through the Bold Rose Stencil.  (I did this before I received my beautiful new Color Fuse inks from Rubbernecker and I can tell you since I got them I have used them in the same way and they worked beautifully!)
  3. Next I cut the Window w/ Pierce from a yellow that coordinated with my background.
  4. I stamped the Flower Bouquet and cut it using the Scan N Cut and then colored it in with my Copics.  I went for a soft look this time with some peaches and yellows for the florals leaving some white space even (it's ok to not color every part of your florals!)  When I leave white, I like to use my blending marker to soften up the edges between the color and the white space.
  5. Next I cut a banner from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in the center using my Misti.
  6. Finally I assembled all of my pieces and adhered them with various thicknesses of foam tape.  Added a few sequins and done!

Thanks so much for stopping today!  I hope you enjoyed it and you'll come back again for more Rubbernecker Inspiration!



I have provided links below to the Rubbernecker products I used today.  Should you purchase using these links I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Stunning card! Those flowers are perfect!

Lagene said...

Lovely creation! I am definitely sending more cards during this time!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and sentiment. Wonderful colors too.