Thursday, August 13, 2020

Autumn Fire - Rubbernecker Stamps


Hello all!  Lisa here!  I'm so excited to be sharing one of the beautiful new layered florals available in the shop today!


The gorgeous Autumn Fire floral set ... this one is SO beautiful.  I stamped it in the colors suggested on the included stamping guide for this one which were perfect.  They really do look like they are on fire, don't they?

Here's how I made this one!

The flowers:
  • I started by following the guide included in the stamp set.  Each of the stamps is numbered on its sheet (ex: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D).   And the guide also includes suggested colors.. in this case for the flowers I used Lemon, Citrus, Apricot, and Crimson.
  • I placed stamp 1A into my Misti and stamped it onto my white cardstock using the lightest color, Lemon.
  • Next, stamp 1B using Citrus; 1C using Apricot, and 1D using Crimson.
  • Each consecutive stamp needs to be lined up over the one before it.  If you have a stamp positioner this is the easiest in case you need or want to stamp a layer more than once for a deeper color.
  • A trick I like to use is to add a dot in permanent marker onto what I choose as the top of the stamp (once to the stamp and once to the paper I'm stamping on).
Just place the stamp onto the paper as you want to position it and then place the dot onto the back of the stamp at the top and then another onto the paper aligned with the one on the stamp.  This will be where you line the stamps up each time.


I do this once the first time I use the set to the stamp and then you only need to mark the paper the next time you use it.  It's not perfect... I still need to adjust it a bit once I lay the next layer over it but for this brain, it's SO much quicker!

I do this for each subsequent stamp in the series:


It also helps if your first positioning of the stamp matches the position on the guide because it will help you line it up the first time more easily.  I just usually look for a distinctive feature of the stamp and start there!

After lining it up the first time, with the dots each time after is a breeze even if you don't pick it up again for a while!

A note: make sure you let the marker dry because it will rub off on your Misti, which I know because this happened to me, however it was easy enough to take it off right away with my finger.

Another Note: If you are stamping directly onto your panel and not die cutting and popping up you could use a very light pencil mark that can be erased after stamping!  Or no mark at all!  If you put the dotted area on your stamp to the top, then you will end up in just about the right position easily still each time and after that lining up is easy peasy!


The leaves:
  • I stamped the two layers of leaves in the same fashion as the flowers first stamping the lightest color and then lining up the darker color over it.  The colors used for the leaves are Moss and Basil.
  • Next the banner was cut using the third largest Nested Stitched Banner.
  • Again using the Misti, I stamped the sentiment onto the banner so that I could be sure to have a nice, crisp, dark sentiment.

Assembly:
  • I started with a white base cut 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".
  • I die cut the wood grain design paper using the largest of the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch dies and adhered it to the white base.
  • When I cut the OPC dies I always save my extra frames so I had handy in my stash the two rectangle frames and nested them together and added pop up foam tape to the back and attached it to the center of the woodgrain.
  • Next the florals and leaves were added with foam tape.
  • Then I cut the banner down so that it would fit in the space I had, added foam tape and slid the top underneath the frames and weaved it in between the florals.
  • Finally a few sequins in autumn colors and I was done!
Thanks so much for stopping today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit and you come again soon for more Rubbernecker Stamps inspiration!

And if you'd like more inspiration and awesome tips on the new layering stamps, please do checkout the release video up on the blog today!


I've included links below for all of the Rubbernecker products I used today.  Should you decide to purchase using these links I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.. and thank you!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING those flowers!

María said...

Great colours and a fantastic card. Hugs, María.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful. Wonderful Fall colors too.