Friday, August 21, 2020

I Hippopotamiss You! - Miss Ink Stamps


Hello again!  I'm back with the adorable new Hippo Hooray stamp set from Miss Ink again along with some flowers from Magnolia Sympathy.  I am living in a world where baby hippos are smaller than flowers and fit nicely in your pocket so you can take them along with you everywhere you go... which isn't very far these days... but I'd still love a baby hippo in my pocket!!


I started my background with the Diamond Halftones stencil and some clear texture paste.  Then I sprinkled on some Primary Pink and Sparkling Snow Wow Embossing Powders.  Then I heated them up until they bubbled.  I stamped, cut and colored all of my images and then added them inside the photo frame with various thicknesses of popup tape.  Finally I stamped and then die cut that adorable sentiment using a word bubble die and popped that up too.  Finally I added a few sequins and done!  I LOVE this sweet hippo with the flower in her hair... oh!  That one is from Springtime banners.  


I just love this one!!

I'm playing along over at Double Trouble!  The current challenge is to create a Friendship card!  No Birthdays, Holidays or Celebrations.  I'm just telling my friend I miss her!  And I've met the twist which is to use Gray along with two other colors!  So I can also link up over at their partner for this challenge, Color My Heart Color Dare!  (Silver, White and Black are also allowed)  My colors are Gray, Pink and Green!  You can find this challenge here!  Check out their posts for any details and play along!

Thanks so much for stopping!  And if you haven't seen it, check out my other post today to see how you could maybe win some stuff!

Come again soon!

11 comments:

A.Rose said...

What a beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love your miniature hippo! It looks perfect sitting in front of the flowers, and the sentiment is really cute too. Glad you joined us at Double Trouble!
Melanie

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful card! I would totally go for pocket hippo! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Alyson Mayo said...

Great sentiment to go with the hippo... your colouring is FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Colour Dare :)

María said...

Wow what a beautiful card, that background is awesome I love that stencil and the hippo is super cute. María, xx

Lagene said...

AWWHH so pretty & SWEET!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the sentiment and the baby hippo surrounded by flowers is adorable... great background and always love your scatter of sequins. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Color Dare.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute is that hippo and I love the whole card design.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love how you have created the background. Cute hippo!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Carol Cel said...

Such a cute card!

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, Lisa! Your card has been chosen as one of our top 3 cards this week at Double Trouble!!! -Donna