Friday, December 29, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #244



Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  This week, I made a fairly simple card by my standards!  I used some pretty papers from Your Next Stamp... love that gingham that is part of the Winter Plaid paper pad.


These cute sketchy ornaments were created by one of the Outlawz DT members, Sandra VanBlaricum.  I decided to use some non traditional Christmas colors on this one and kept my color pallet to white, pink and blue.  I colored the ornaments using my Copic markers and highlighted with some sparkly gel pens and liquid glass.  That pretty doily is from Gina Marie Designs... one of my favorite doily sets.  I also took the opportunity to use up some very old CTMH bling I've had forever!  Broke the old odd number rule because... well.. it's all I had left!  I suppose if I hadn't lost the dot for my J in my sentiment and used one of the gems for that it would have been ok...lol!  But it's all right... it doesn't bother me too much!

I'm linking up to the Outlawz Progressive/Freebie December Challenge!  Very cool... you get a free image to play with each month and as long as you keep creating and linking up with them, you keep getting new ones!  You should check it out!  It's a Ning site so you have to join, but it's lots of fun!


And I thought the font on this pretty diecut sentiment that I cut using a Paper Smooches die and some glitter paper was perfect for these ornaments.  I am surprisingly happy with my simple, pretty little card...suppose I better get it out in the mail with the rest of my late cards...lol!  Come back on the 1st for some Paper Sweeties!  And don't forget to come on over to Atlantic Hearts and play along!  How will you be inspired by the sketch?


5 comments:

scrappin' GA peach said...

This is a very sweet card, Lisa 💕

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! LOVING the colors and those ornaments!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully made card design.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s a super lovely card !

Mitralee said...

SOOOOO VERY Pretty!!! LOVE those colors!!!