Monday, December 4, 2017

Visions of Sugarplums 2017 - Day 3


Welcome to Day 3 of the Visions of Sugarplums Blog Hop hosted by Lori at Choux Choux Paper Art!  This is what I have for you today:


I've been wanting to transform a tin for quite some time and finally got the inspiration to use one to create an ornament!  I'm also excited to be the Guest Designer for Paper Smooches this month and I've been lucky to get to play with the new release and I've used a couple of those items on this piece.

I started with a little tin like for mints or something.   I took some metal tape from Lowe's that is used to keep duct work together and embossed it with a snowflake embossing folder.  I applied the tape to the tin and then I painted the entire tin with some white gesso to cover up any printing or flaws on it.  When I had applied a couple layers of that to it, I used some acrylic paint in seaglass and added a couple layers of that... tapping fingers... waiting for it to dry.


When that was dry, I added some Modge Podge to the front and inside and added a few layers of glitters and glass beads (the beads are just on the inside).  I then watercolored some images from the Cool Dudes (this cute couple is one of them) and Warm Hearts stamp sets.


I added that sweet snow couple to the front along with the Merry from the Merry Christmas 2 Die Set which I cut from red glitter paper.  And that beautiful bow!!  That is from the awesome new Ribbon Dies.  I put a snowflake from the Snowflakes Dies in the center of the bow and then a glitter gem in the center of that and attached it to the eyelash yarn I attached to the outside of the tin which allows it to hang.

And then when you open it:


More cuteness!  The snowmen are all from the Cool Dudes set and the trees and cardinal are from the Warm Hearts set.  I also cut some white glitter paper using the Wavy Pattern dies to create my layers of snow.  Lots of strong adhesive, liquid glass and popup tape later I had layered all of my pieces from back to front.


So... aren't those little teeny tiny snowmen so cute??  And there is only one on the set that faces looking towards your right... so how did I get the other one facing to your left do you ask...lol?  Well, I'm going to tell you anyway... I used the Mirror Blocks set to do some mirror image stamping or as some of you know it, stamp kissing.  I placed one of the blocks in my misty on the bottom layer without the pad and placed the little snow dude on the other side... inked it up and stamped it onto the mirror block stamp.  Then I took my paper and placed it onto the stamped image and now I had a snowman image facing the opposite way!  Very cool and it took some practice, but it really extends all of my stamp sets now that I know how to do it!  

A couple tips, make sure your stamp is inky... and with the misty you are able to add some extra ink, but don't press down too hard because you'll spread the ink out.  Work fairly quickly so your ink doesn't dry and when you press down on the paper make it a firm and quick motion.


And then down on the bottom part (or really the lid), more glitter and beads, more snowflakes and this awesome new die cut sentiment, Let's Chill!  And one more snowman for good measure...just love that little cutie!

I'm playing along with the Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge #310-311 with this one!  You should check it out!  Also, Paper Smooches December Challenge is all about Winter!  You should definitely check this one out and play along!

Thanks for sticking with me today!  And extra thanks for everyone that's been with me for all three days!  If you just got here today, it's not too late to go back and checkout all of the creations by all of the contributors over the last three days!  You have until Saturday, December 9th!  More info below on a couple ways you can play along and win!

How do you win?  

1.  Start by leaving a comment here that you would like to win (and you can say some other nice stuff if you want :) )

2.  Visit all the other contributors' blogs and leave comments.  

3.  Lori will gather all of the names from all of the blogs and put them in the "hat"  as many times as you leave comments.  Example:  Leave 14 comments = your name 14 times in the "hat".  Her husband is the official "draw-the-names-out" guy. 

Prize winners will be announced on Sunday, December 10th.   You have until Saturday December 9th to leave comments!

Look at all of the awesome sponsors that are offering up prizes for commenting!


AND!

There's a challenge going on over at Choux Choux also with a prize from another great sponsor, Mama Elephant!   The challenge runs from December 2nd through the 16th!   Be sure to head over there to find out all about it and play along!  I sure will be!

Now here are links to today's designers-check out what they've created and leave some love!

Lisa (You Are Here!)

25 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooooo cute cute cute!!!! LOVING those snowmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

THIS is soooooo CUTE.

Esther Asbury said...

Soooo cute!! Love all the details you put into that adorable little tin!

cm said...

Absolutely adorable! Your little snowmen scenes have planted a smile alllll over my face! And yes, I'd love to win (but I already have in seeing all the creativity being shared...).
~carol

Debbie said...

What a sweet little scene you created, Lisa! So clever doing it inside a mint tin - great stocking stuffer gift idea!!!

Lori said...

At first, I thought what an adorable tag on that pretty red jar! Then the tag was really a tin with adorable insides as well. What a fun surprise!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful transformation of that tin. It sure made a great ornament and is a great way to reuse it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Forgot to say I would love to win.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wow this is an adorable design, love the 'little images". Have so much enjoyed visiting during this hop, still would love to win. Such fun inspiration by everyone and sponsors have some great items.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, how cute and fun jar with that tiny tin!! :)Adorable insides! A fab home decor ornament for Christmas!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

so much fun! love anything that is interactive like this, it's a gift within itself.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Aaaak, you could have heard me squeal when I scrolled down and it was popped open! I thought it was precious closed! Beautiful job transforming this tin - this is more than an ornament! LOVE those adorable PS snowmen - you are going to rock your GD spot!

Debbie Johnson said...

Adorable!!

Karen Letchworth said...

How creative and fun. Just goes to prove that recycling can be fun and creative. You always inspire me, Lisa. Thanks for sharing again in the Visions of Sugarplums Blog Hop.
Blessings to you,
Karen Letchworth

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH! I LOVE this Lisa! So Creative and Sparkly - the inside looks just awesome! LOVE this idea! :)

Theresa

Mitralee said...

GOODNESS GRACIOUS. Rendered speechless....

Mitralee said...

I FREAKING LOVE THAT TIN! (outside voice)

Unknown said...

JUST DARLING

egier said...

Just darling, Love all the sparkle and whimsy !

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh.....how totally cute is that tin! You are so creative, love all the glitter and those teeny tiny snowman are adorable

Michele K. Henderson said...

I LOVE your fun little snowmen! These projects are really bright and cheerful!

cghundley said...

Your tin is amazing!
Love the details on
the front and inside.
Too cute!
Carla from Utah

Pam Sebring Iowa said...

Gosh! I love your creations! And what a cute little surprised open up at tin and have another surprise inside!!

LeAnne said...

Oh my...this is just adorable! I have a gazillion little tins, I need to get crafty with them!

Unknown said...

You really know how to be creative! This is yet another fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing your creativity. I would love to WIN any of these awesome prizes.
Sierra Winters