Friday, December 29, 2017

Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas-Tag #12


Phew!  Just under the wire, I'm here with my Tag #12 for the Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas!  I struggled with this one... it is such a beautiful tag, but what struck me the most was the Argyle pattern on the base and I was having a hard time figuring out how I'd work that into a cubby!  So here's what I came up with:


After trying to figure out how to cut some argyle patterned paper to modge podge onto this wooden tree (I was going to use a snowman and add some argyle paper to his hat, but the tree in the inspiration tag caught my eye and I found this one in my stash), I finally opted to make my own and once again got my Copics out.  I started with the red copic and drew diamonds around my tree... figuring I'd do the whole thing and choose the side that looked best to show and this was it...lol!  My lines aren't straight and I have some smudges and bleeding, but I LOVE it!  it really came together when I added the white dots with the skinny end of an embossing tool I had to pick up small amounts of paint and add the dotted lines.  My hands are shaky so this was no small feat and I'm quite happy with how it came out!


Once I placed the tree, I remembered I had these little clay creations that a girl from work brought in... they were going to be thrown away... rejects... so of course, as most people I work with do... they brought them to me to see if I would want them and of course I did!  They were adorable!


So they've been sitting in a container and I wasn't sure I was going to remember which one and where, but it was meant to be and they found me and they were perfect!  This little guy looks like he's in a stocking. and there is a candy cane behind him!  (might be a cup of cocoa or coffee with a straw, but now it's a stocking and candy cane!).  And I chose silver bells because of the silver snowflake in the inspiration tag. 



So there you have it!  My final "Tag"!  I have a few empty cubbies left to fill before I share the entire piece with you and I'm hoping to have that ready for you over this long weekend.  So please do come back and check up on me!  There will be a few things going on here over the next week and soon I'll have some exciting news for you!  In the meantime, the Funkie Junkie Boutique has an awesome sale going on!  It's progressive... the discount gets bigger each day, but the choices are fewer and fewer... are you a gambling soul?  Check it out here!


See you again soon!


3 comments:

sarascloset said...

Lisa, congratulations on making it to the finale of Linda's challenge! Your cubbie is so precious, and I love how you've painted the tree! You have the skills of a surgeon to get those dots on so perfectly! If there are smudges, I'd never know. I can't wait to see the rest of your entries, but for now, I'll just wish you the best in the draw and in the New Year! Hugs! Sara Emily

Mitralee said...

Oh love love love it!!! So proud you painted that tree with the dots!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa, I LOVE your argyle tree. I can't believe you free-handed that. It looks spectacular and is the total star of your cubbies! Awesome project for the 12 Tags challenge this year. I'm delighted you played along this year. Sorry I'm running a little behind schedule with closing out the challenge. I'll be back tonight with the winners post. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

Hugs,
Linda