Thursday, April 9, 2020

Clean & Simple Layered Anniversary Card - Rubbernecker Stamps


Welcome back!  For today, I've made a Clean and Simple but layered card.


And I used one of the frame dies in a different way to add a decorative border on the sentiment strip.


And I used that beautiful Flower Bouquet #1 that is so beautiful when you color it, but turns out it's beautiful when it's left in black and white as well!  You don't like to color?  It doesn't mean you can't buy some of the beautiful florals that are available!

Here's how I created this one:

  1. I cut a black base to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" using my paper trimmer.
  2. Then a red layer was cut to 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" and adhered to the black base.
  3. A white piece of cardstock was cut using the largest of the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch dies.
  4. I cut a white strip 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" (or as wide as  you need the strip to be to fit your sentiment).
  5. A plaid design paper strip was cut 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" wide (or 1/4" less than your white strip)
  6. A black piece of cardstock was cut to 5 1/2" x 1 1/8".
  7. Finally I cut a black piece of cardstock using the Rectangle Combo Opc #3 die.  We're going to use the third largest frame with the scallop inside and out and you can save the rest for later use!
  8. I used the black strip to help decide where to stamp my flower bouquet by placing the white die cut layer into my Misti.  I laid the black strip across the white layer and played with the positioning of the stamp over the top of it so that I knew the image would fit where I wanted it to, with the strip about where I wanted it.  Once I had it in place and the stamp was in position, I removed the black strip and stamped the image using my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  (In case you didn't know, you can easily use your Misti with a cling foam mounted rubber stamp simply by removing the black pad included with the Misti!)
  9. I cleaned the stamp and again positioned the black strip where I wanted it and then repositioned the stamp upside down and underneath the strip.  Underneath where the strip is positioned, the images did overlap in order to get the look I wanted, but since it's covered up by the black strip, no worries!  Also keep in mind if you make a mistake and perhaps some of your doubled up image that's supposed to be hidden shows,  don't start over!  You can always cut a new slightly wider black strip and just have a bit more black border underneath your design paper.
  10. Next I placed the white cardstock strip into the Misti and stamped my Happy Anniversary sentiment onto it.
  11. Finally you will layer all of your pieces together!  The black base first, then the red piece, and next your white die cut floral stamped piece.
  12. Then your strips!  Black first, then whatever design paper you choose.  Before adding the white stamped piece, I cut the longest sides from the black scalloped frame apart and adhered them to the top and bottom backside of the white strip and trimmed them down to the same length as the white strip using my scissors after they were adhered leaving a decorative scalloped border on either side of the sentiment strip and then adhered that strip to the design paper strip.
  13. Finally I adhered the assembled sentiment strip over the top of the floral images in the center and added a few sequins.
And that's me for today!  Thanks so much for stopping and hope you enjoyed your stay!



Below are links to the Rubbernecker Stamps products I've used today.  Should you decide to purchase these items using the links below, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Come on ... you can tell the truth... it killed you not to color it... right?!?! LOL!! I loveeeeeeee this!! I love them not colored!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the hint of plaid paper too. That must have been a toughie to resist coloring.

Scrapper69 said...

What a beautiful card! I love the simplicity and elegance!

Theresa

Lori said...

Very pretty! I have to make an Anniversary card for my husband,our Anniversary is Sunday.