Saturday, April 25, 2020

Crafty Elves’ Countdown to the Holidays - April 2020!


Welcome to another Crafty Elves post!  This one is gonna be short and sweet!  I've been working feverishly to be ready to go away this weekend (don't worry...just going from one quarantine to another...lol).  I will not be including links to products now, but please do let me know if there is anything you want that you need help finding.  I will mention who the company is that sells it though!  Although I'm working from home and saving 2 hours a day in travel time, I think that time and more has been taken up with other quarantine things like cleaning and staring into space!  So here we go!


I will be honest.  A couple days ago I hadn't made any cards for this month's post.  Not one.  And had no idea how I was going to get it done with some of my other commitments.  And then some cards I made for the CAS-ual Fridays release inspired me to pull out some stencils and make some quick cards.  I made all of these in an hour in a half.  From start to finish!  No lie!


For this one I used that beautiful stencil from Stencil Girl (I did add a link here because you may not be familiar with this company but you should definitely check them out!)  I applied some Crackle paste through the stencil and then splattered on some white acrylic paint and Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  After it dried, I just added the white glitter heart cut using an MFT die and that cute sentiment from Miss Ink (ok... I'll give you a link to this set too because I LOVE it!)  Done!


Next I used the same paste with a Newton's Nook snowflake stencil... LOVE this stencil.  I use it quite often for backgrounds.  Then I added a Paper Smooches label die cut and that Jingle All The Way sentiment from Kat Scrappiness cut from Glitter Paper.  I'll mention on all of these I used my favorite sequins from Trinity Stamps.


For this one, I used the Newton's Nook stencil again with some Gold Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste... love that stuff... and splattered it with the Gold Color Shine.  I used the same Paper Smooches label and added the Noel die cut from Lil' Inker.


And for this one I used another beautiful stencil from Stencil Girl along with some red glitter paste (from Nuvo I think).  I splattered it with white acrylic paint and added a red heart (MFT) and another sentiment from the Miss Ink set!


And here is the card I made that inspired me to create the rest... this one took me a little longer of course...lol!  I added lots of extras... but I knew I'd keep the ones for today simpler.

Thank you SO much!!  Be sure to head on over to Debra  Michael and Jessica's places to see what they have for you today!

And last month's winner:

Vanessa!  Please send me your snail mail address!

Thanks so much for stopping and hope you enjoyed your visit!!!  Come again real soon!  Off on my way for a weekend of relaxation and coloring.. and did I mention relaxing??

Stay safe and healthy!!


11 comments:

World of Michael Trent said...

Great cards Lisa. I have to admit, I am going to steal your ideas. Considering the number of stencils I own, I never think to use them on a card! Stay safe in your other quarantine house. LOL

~amy~ said...

Dang, that's some power crafting. These are magnificent.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I LOVE your use of kraft paper! Gorgeous!

Becca Yahrling said...

I've always been a fan of white on kraft - such a pretty look! The gold and red are also elegant. I love the 'noel' die from Lil Inkers - I bought it, but haven't used it yet. As always, L*O*V*E your cards, Lisa.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love all the cards you have created for Christmas giving. And, kraft and white always look so fantastic to my way of thinking. I may have to dig out my kraft card stock now too as you have inspired me.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all GORGEOUS! I love the colors!

Lagene said...

Love all the stenciling on kraft, especially the gold!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome set of cards, and I love that they came together quickly! The gold stenciled snowflakes card is my fave!

Scrapper69 said...

I totally LOVE the way you designed your cards on Kraft cardstock! I'm gonna try that!

Theresa

Vannessa Osbourn said...

I love stenciling and these cards are just awesome Lisa! How fun that I was the winner too! I will send you my address in Facebook messenger. Let me know if you get it! Thanks so very much!