Friday, September 11, 2020

If Something Made Sense-Miss Ink Stamps!


Welcome back!  Today I've got some more Miss Ink Stamps and Ranger Distress Embossing Glazes!

I started this one ink blending some Fossilized amber and a little Vintage Photo onto a die cut panel.  I stamped the Gardenia images onto the paper using some Espresso Distress Oxide Ink.  I had meant to use the Archival Ink, because I knew I'd be watercoloring the floral images, and the ink did run a little when I did that, but it all just added to the vintage distressed look I was going for.  I used Vintage Photo to color in the petals, Fossilized Amber to color in the flower center, and Bundled Sage for the leaves.  I just took a scrap piece of plastic like from packaging and smoosh some ink from the pad onto it and then use a water brush to pick up the ink.


Next I added some more of the inks through the Diamond Fade Stencil using a blending brush and over that added some texture paste.  I did clean off the stencil in between the ink and texture paste to keep from getting ink in my texture paste jar as I applied it and it was easy to line it back up. Then while the paste was wet, I used my fingers to sprinkle on some Embossing Glaze in Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint.  I heated that up and once it cooled, I used a paint brush to brush on some more embossing ink in each corner swiping upwards.  (I just put a few drops onto the plastic from my refill bottle and applied it with a paint brush.)  Then I sprinkled on more Embossing Glaze in Vintage Photo.  When I heated that up it was a little darker than I wanted so I took a Ranger Embossing Dauber and dabbed on some more ink lightly everywhere and then very lightly sprinkled on some Gold Embossing Powder to add a little light and sparkle.  Whew!!  It took some work but I finally got it where I wanted it.


I decided with the darker colors that the Have Heart wood slice image would be perfect to add my sentiment.  I stamped it with Memento Ink, cut it out and then colored it with some brown Copics.  I decided to tone it down by blending on some Distress Ink in Antique Linen over the entire piece and then Vintage Photo around the edges.  Then using my Misti I stamped the sentiment from the Alice Collection Wonderland Wisdom stamp set in Versamark ink and heat embossed it in gold.  Just a subtle sentiment that is probably going through a lot of our heads right now "It would be nice if something made sense for a change".  I added the main sentiment heat embossed in white and popped it up underneath.   Finaly, a few paper flowers from my stash from Prima and some sequins and I was done!


That's me for today!  Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you'll visit again soon!





5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and colors on your card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! This is GORGEOUS! Loving the colors and the heart!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Gorgeous, such a beautiful vintage card
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

María said...

That backround is awesome, I love all the texture you've created, I love the colour combination. María, xx.

Lagene said...

Wonderful design & I love all the embossing and the vintage look!