Saturday, November 23, 2019

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C512 - Be Inspired By A Card You Received

 It's time for a new Crazy 4 Challenges challenge and this week is different!  The challenge is to choose a card that someone sent you and create your card using inspiration from that one!  I chose a card sent to me by my bloggy friend, Teresa at TheresasCraftyCreations!

Here's the inspiration card:


So beautiful, right?  I was so lucky to be the recipient!  And here's how I was inspired:


I loved Theresa's beautiful and shimmery blended background.  I used a couple reds making it lighter as I worked my way to the top right corner.  I actually did my ink blending first this time.  I'd like to say I did it on purpose, but it was a happy accident.  When I realized I still had to emboss but had already started blending, I decided to just keep going.  I figured I'd try just drying it with my heat gun and then swiping on some anti static powder.


After I got done blending the ink, I used the powder and then stamped on the single flowers from the Woodcut Floral background stamp set from Miss Ink with Versamark.  when I added the embossing powder, some did stick in a few places and I decided I didn't really mind!  Once I heated it up it kind of added to the cool look of the background.  And lastly I sprayed on some Inkon3 Liquid Pixie Dust and patted it dry to lift more of the ink.

I love how it turned out!


I created my sentiment in a similar way as on the inspiration card as well!  I used the Celebrate die from the Streamers set and part of a sentiment from the new Season's Greetings set.


I hope you'll come and play along with us over at Crazy 4 Challenges!  Pick out a card you received that inspires you and create something then link it up!

Thanks for stopping and come again soon!

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully designed cards. I love the gradual fading of the designs.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, how pretty and glittery..."Bring on the Glitz" Hint, Hint. Love that red so bright and really pops all those snowflakes.