Saturday, November 30, 2019

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C513 - Inspiration Photo

I've had this much fun this month hanging out with the ladies over at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog!  Thanks to them for having me!

This week we have an Inspiration Photo for you:
When I first saw this photo I thought of rain...and then I realized that the glow from that big beautiful yellow umbrella was really what drew my eye.  Here's how I was inspired:


I do love that steely gray background in the photo and it made me think of this Foil from Brutus Monroe.  I used the Jitters stencil from Miss Ink to apply some Deco Foil Transfer Gel to my cardstock panel and then ran it through my Minc with the Foil.  With the flecks of black, silver, and gold and the vertical lines of the stencil I got the feel of that background.. with a little bit of shine!


Then I pulled out the beautiful Gardenia stamp set from Miss Ink and decided although probably you don't see yellow Gardenias usually, in this craft world of mine, why not??  I needed to recreate that beautiful hopeful glow of the yellow umbrella so I did.  I chose to further highlight it using this circle frame from MFT to create a shaker and I had the perfect mix (I believe it's an old CDD mix).  It had the silver, black and yellow (including yellow flowers!) in it as if it was made for this card.

And I decided this would be a happy card.. it's a congrats for anything!  Maybe an anniversary?  Or really any occasion worth celebrating.  That Woot! from the Everyday Sentiments set... just HAD to use it!


And then a Congratulations and another flower at the top along with a few more sequins.



So there you have it!   How are you inspired by that photo?  I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping and hope you'll come back soon!


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING those flowers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so gorgeous and I love that you picked the yellow. It looks so wonderful with the background you have chosen.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous shaker card! I love the metalics and yellow against black!