Sunday, February 14, 2016

An-otter CDD Birthday Card (Punny Right?)

 
So... as soon as I saw this little cutie I knew I had to make something with him.. I know someone who loves Otters and I thought what a cute birthday card he would make... I think it's pretty cute!  I made a circle card and used the CDD Stitched In Circle Dies for the frame.  It's hard to see in pics, but the background of the shaker card is watercolors and it really does look pretty cool.  Then I used a mixture of different sequins from my stash to fill it up.  That cute banner is from the Craftin Desert Divas Party Dies as well as the cute little bow next to the sentiment.
 

Isn't he adorable?  I'm gonna have a hard time giving this one away.  This little guy is a CDD digital image called Birthday Otter.
 

 
One of the cool things about digital images is you can print them whatever size you want.  I like to print a couple at a time in different sizes to save time and paper and then I have leftovers for another project all ready to go.  Someone asked me what the secret is to printing the images and not having them smear.  To be honest I don't know.  I worried about that, but I haven't had an issue.  I can tell you I use an Epson printer and Epson Inks and print on special paper made to take alcohol markers (which is also pretty and sparkly).  I also like to print and then let it set for a while.  I am going to ask around about this though and see what other tips there are out there and please if you have some share them here in my comments... inquiring minds want to know!

 
I had this sentiment in my head and printed it also... I'm sure I saw it somewhere at some point so no... I'm not that clever... but how easy it was to print it!  CDD has some nice digital sentiment sets too to take the guesswork out of fonts and such... check them out!
 
And don't forget to play along with the Digi Challenge in the CDD Facebook Gallery... if you're interested I can help you get into the group and get started:

 
And it's not too late to save on some awesomely adorable digi images:

http://craftindesertdivas.com/digi-stamps/
 
Birthday Otter:
 
http://craftindesertdivas.com/birthday-otter-digital-stamp/
 


3 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh I love shakers! And a circular one - this is awesome! Your otter is so cute! Congratulations on your new DT! So well deserved! Love their cute images!

Melanie R said...

This critter is the cutest! Love the card. You have turned into a card-making machine. Wow!

Tracey said...

Super adorable card....I'd have trouble giving this card away too, I love shakers! Such a sweet image , love the eye lashes. Did you draw them or are they fake? Congrats on your new DT too....so exciting!