Monday, February 22, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #148

 
Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #148!  Love this week's sketch because that circle in the middle immediately made me think of a cluster of images and then my thoughts turned to one of my favorite CTMH sets that I haven't been able to use in a while, Stuck on You and one of the cutest new sets Springtime Critters as well as the coordinating die sets.  I'm also playing along with the Aud Sentiments Cute Plus a Sentiment Challenge!

 
Since the cactus made me think of the sun, the circle was the perfect way to give that sunshiny feeling to my card... and then I decided to use orange as a complementary color.  Not part of the Penelope paper pack that I used, I thought it goes along quite well!

 
And then when I was trying to decide which critter to add... why the orange fox turned out to be just perfect!
 
Making it a quick post today, but be sure to hop on over to the Atlantic Hearts blog and check out all of the artwork from design team members as well as participants and play along while you're there!  It's a great week to start! And don't forget to check out Aud Sentiments too!  Great way to combine a couple challenges!



http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is adorable! LOVING that fox and the colors!!! And that cacti is perfect for where we live!! LOL!!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such an adorable card, Lisa! The little fox is super cute and I love all the cacti! Gorgeous embossing folder too!

Mitralee said...

what did the fox say? He said super cool card! Totally dig the orange! Super pretty! Hugs!

Melanie R said...

Looks just like our lives in the desert. The fox is very cute and I love your touch of the old west by embossing the arrows in the background!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Lisa, I love this card, and a CAS card for you but you put so much love into each card you make. I knew when you were working on this Sunday that you were going to add a little more, and it was foxy.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

By the way, thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge.

Billie A said...

Great card and scene. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Julie said...

What a cute card. Lovely color combo. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Ali said...

Fun and cheery card- I love everything about it! :)