Thursday, February 4, 2016

Craftin' Desert Divas and Atlantic Hearts Mashup


 So as I've said I had a lot of ideas for this sketch... I knew I wanted to do something with hearts, but then when I saw Donna Davis's take on the sketch I was like..yeah!  Balloons!  You can see her adorable baby card here.  And then Craftin' Desert Divas has a Facebook digi challenge for February with the theme of Birthdays AND the Linky Party is all about hearts so..... Heart Balloons on a birthday card!  I'm hardly ever so clever so take note!  BECAUSE, in addition I decided to play along with the Color My Heart Color Dare challenge for this week, which ends tonight.


So let me start with this cutie... isn't she cute?  I added the glasses.  She was a digi freebie at Craftin' Desert Divas last week and I collected her thinking I'd make a Valentines card... which I probably will... but she worked great here too!  And for the record... she is pink... I tried to match my Shin Hans the best I could to Pixie, but I think it fell short... but I like the way she turned out regardless so I'm good with it.  Her eyes are supposed to be Glacier... again... I tried...  She's so cute!!  I used a little liquid glass on her eyes, nose and glasses.  I am known as the Liquid Glass Queen by some... you know who you are...
 

 
The heart ballons are Pixie and Thistle.  The cut is from ... I think the Sweethearts cartridge and the paper is CTMH Paper Fundamentals.  That heart paper is just one of my favorites... wish I could buy many sheets of it.  This paper is awesome because one side is embossed and the other is not.  See the two pink balloons? Two sides of the same paper.

 
I think I'm calling this one... The One That Got Away... oh!  And my background... played around with the smooshing technique and distress inks... I'm happy with it... but if you want to see something fantastic check out my friend Kitty's project here... she's got some beautiful projects and this one uses the same technique with a lot more colors...
 
So stop by all of these challenges and check out the great artwork and have some fun and play along.  Color Dare for these colors is over tonight for the week... you still have time!   And Craftin' Desert Divas has prizes!!  And there is another cute free digi this week... an adorable hedgehog!  Don't delay!
 
http://www.craftindesertdivasblog.com/search/label/Linky%20Party
 

http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/
 
If you are interested in playing along with this one, you have to be added to the Facebook Gallery and I can help you with that!
 

10 comments:

Donna said...

Fun & Fabulous card! Love the details and especially the use of the liquid glass. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Adorable card and love the liquid glass and glitter embellishments...What an adorable card and I know what you mean about matching up the pink ShinHans to the pink CTMH cardstock and I miss those hearts in the Paper Fundamentals...I have one scrap left. Thanks again Lisa for joining us at Color Dare this week...look forward to your creation next week, more fantastic color combinations.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo cute! LOVING those heart balloons and the little glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.G. Lamb said...

I do miss those Pixie hearts too! Thanks for sharing this super adorable card with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this, Lisa! Your smooshing looks amazing - I'm going to try it again - it's a lot of fun and I find I get pretty good control over where the colour goes. The hardest part for me is choosing the colours but with Distress Inks they all seem to work. Thanks for the shout-out, BTW! Love, love, love these heart balloons! Awesome take on the sketch! I like the Liquid Glass on the eyes - really makes them shine!

Mitralee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Super pretty background with the whole water color look. Rock star! Super congrats on your new gig, you'll do a great job!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

That digi image is just adorable! I love how you outlined the hearts with Liquid Glass--I'll have to remember that technique. Thanks for playing along with us again at the Color Dare--glad that you could combine it with other challenges.
:) Marie

LaurieC said...

I love this, Lisa!!! Your colouring is amazing and those heart balloons are totally cute!! Thank you for joining us for the Craftin Desert Divas "Hearts" Linky Party!!

Lisa Mensing said...

So cute!

Just Plain Crafty by Steph said...

Lisa, this is just way too cute!! I love those glasses!!! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Diva's Linky Party!