Sunday, February 28, 2016

Craftin' Desert Divas Linky Party Lots of Layers Week #1

http://www.craftindesertdivasblog.com/search/label/Linky%20Party
 
 
Welcome to this week's Crafting Desert Divas Linky Party! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is “Lots of Layers”!  Please play along and create something that fits this week's theme and link up at the Craftin' Desert Diva’s Blog.

Every other Monday is beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And there are prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3!  The more times you link up…the more chances you have to win!!
 
Here is my project for this week's party:

 
Well, of course I wanted to use this owl... you knew I would eventually, right?  I just love this Love Letter Owl Digi Stamp available in the Craftin' Desert Divas Shop.  I've had this idea brewing in my head for a couple weeks now and finally got to get it down on paper.  But first, I had to get my hands on this awesome Sky Is The Limit Die Set that I used to cut out the stitched clouds and sun.  And the rolling hills were cut using the Outdoor Landscapes Die Set.

 
 I printed the owl on white cardstock and then again on vellum (just so I could layer the vellum envelope over some of these adorable heart sequins... and that owl... just love those big eyes that come alive with a little liquid glass.

 
 Aren't they so sweet??  These are the Coral Heart Sequins from the CDD shop.   I added a little prisma glitter as well.  And I got lucky and found this PML card with the cute little birds on the wire in my stash and made the sentiment on the computer.. again... I'm not the author... but I remembered seeing it somewhere on Pinterest and thought it was perfect for this!
 
So, check out all of the great works of heart by the Design Team Members and participants as well and give it a try!  There are prizes to be won!  And do not forget to join the Craftin' Desert Divas New Product Release Party on Facebook!  The fun starts on Tuesday, March 1st.
 
Thanks for stopping and come again soon!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING the owl and all those fun hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitralee said...

I totally agree with Julie! That owl is awesome and love the sentiment about the glitter hearts! So pretty!

Tracey said...

Love the sweet scene you have created Lisa....how adorable is that owl! Love the eyes :) The tiny envelope filled with sequins is an adorable touch. Really gorgeous card!

Lori said...

So cute - love that owl with the liquid glass! You created a wonderful scene. Have a great week!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Aw, this is so cute! What an adorable scene! The wise owl is losing all of those hearts from the envelope! Brilliant design!

Melanie R said...

Lots of layers? No problem! Turning them into something fabulous like your card? Not so sure!

(Hoping to participate in this challenge.)